Mothers’ Union is a Christian organisation which promotes the well-being of families worldwide.
We achieve this by:
- developing prayer and spiritual growth in families
- studying and reflecting on family life and marriage, and their place in society
- resourcing our members to take practical action to improve conditions for families, both nationally and in the communities in which they live
Around the UK, Mothers’ Union members are running parenting courses, mother and toddler groups, and drop-in centres. The Mothers’ Union work in refuges, contact centres, hospitals, and prisons. All Mothers’ Union local projects are tailor-made to the needs of that community.
Members in Shoreham have a choice between two meetings which are held every month at the Vicarage, Church Street, Shoreham-by-Sea:
- the Morning Group (second Thursday of each month, 10.00 – 11.30 am) with toys provided for the children
- the Evening Group (fourth Thursday of each month, 8.00 – 9.30 pm)
Who can join Mothers’ Union?
If you are baptised and believe in the importance of family life, you are most welcome to join. Men and women, married and unmarried, parent or not – all can, and do, join Mothers’ Union.
For more details, please contact:
Telephone: 01273 452586
If you would like to receive the weekly newsletter and other news from St Mary’s by e mail, please contact us.