Children & Young People
At St Mary de Haura we are fortunate to enjoy regular and enthusiastic engagement with hundreds of young people through our involvement in local schools – both Church of England and community schools. Our clergy are always pleased to be invited to lead collective worship or to welcome children who may wish to visit St Mary de Haura. In all our work with schools, we are sensitive to diversity and endeavour to impart an informed and inclusive understanding of the Christian faith.
In addition to our links with local schools, we are blessed with a lively and active ministry among children, young people and families, led by our committed Children and Families Worker.
The current pattern for Children’s Ministry on Sundays is as follows:
- 1st Sunday of the month, 4.00pm: Teatime Worship – a simple service for children and their grown ups, followed by tea.
- 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month, 10.00am: ‘Shine’ Sunday School – a children’s church in the Parish Hall for fun, craft, stories and games, meeting at 10am for the first half of the service before returning to church for Holy Communion. All children aged 0-11 welcome.
- 3rd Sunday of the month, All-Age Eucharist, 10.00am: An opportunity to worship together as a whole church community, with children and young people taking an active part in leading the service.
In addition to our Sunday activities, we offer two weekday opportunities for pre-school-aged children and their families:
- Mary’s Music, Monday at 10am in the Parish Hall: An opportunity to sing and make music together. All abilities welcome!
- Toddler Time, Wednesday at 10am in Church: A fun and creative hour of games, crafts and songs for toddlers and their grown ups, in the fun and fascinating space of St Mary’s church.
For up-to-date information regarding our Children and Families Programme, please visit the St Mary de Haura Children and Families Facebook Page or contact Sarah Sayers, our Children and Families Worker: email@example.com.